Friday, July 3, 2009

Stamp with Us - Sketch Challenge

Today I finally did a sketch challenge from the Stamp with Us site. I am not at all sure if I really like it, however, you be the judge and let me know what you think.
The colors I used are:
Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Apricot Accent, Ruby Red, Basic Black and Whisper White.

The insert of my "sun" was taken from a tutorial by Michelle Zindorf (Go check out her work, she is amazing). I clear heat embossed the Upsy Daisy stamp in Old Olive, then brayered Apricot Appeal over the top of the card. Punched out a circle 1 3/8" on a post it note and brayered over Pumpkin Pie and then Ruby Red. Stamped over image using Basic Black and gently patted the black off the embossed areas. Used a white gel pen to highlight areas of the flowers and heat sealed. Once again I stamped Old Olive over from the original stamp (after stamping once on scrap paper to take off excess ink), giving a more behind the scenes look.

My "ribbon" was made using a 1/2" piece of Apricot Appeal overlaid by a piece of 3/8" Old Olive card that had been sponged with Old Olive ink.
The "Best Wishes" sentiment was stamped using the Oval All stamp onto Whisper White card in Apricot Appeal and then overstamped using Basic Black. It was punched out using the Wide Oval Punch.

10 comments:

Suzie Q said...

Hullo,
A face i recognise from SU online classes!! thanks for stopping by my blog - why you not sure of your card it is fabulous i love the scene you have created!
Suzie Q
xx

Sara said...

Yes I recognise you too Lainee. Great brayering here. I've also seen Michelle's work. It's fabulous and you've applied it so well here. Lovely card. Sara xx

Unknown said...

I love the colours you used Lainee, great job! Xx

Stamp WIth Us said...

Love it!

Thank you for joining in

XXX

Anonymous said...

Wow this is fabulous Lainee! I love it. I still have trouble with the brayer lol but you have done a wonderful job here, well done! TFS

Sara said...

Congratulations on making the Fave Five this week. Sara xx

simplyfairies said...

wow stunning, i can see why you made fave five spot this week, fabulous!! well done...
Kim x

Steph said...

Great idea and colours - well done on making the fab five x

Monica Gale said...

This is a great card elain, I love the image and your colours are just lush!! M xxx

Maggie said...

Hi
This card is stunning I love using this technique myself.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comments - cooler here today :-)
Maggie x