Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wedding card


My friend Isabel married her love, Damien, yesterday. Yes, on a Tuesday! Anyway this is the card I made for them. The basic card can be found here. I enjoyed making it. There was a lot of cutting involved and I am so glad that I have my Cricut Expressions machine to do it with.
The base is Whisper White with the rest of the card being in tones of So Saffron and Lilac with Dark Purple for the wedding dress. Unfortunately I couldn't take a good photo of the inside, however, I put a little bride and groom in there and Orchid Opulence around the inside of the card as well. I also hand made the envelope out a sheet of 12 x 12 cardstock.
Sorry, but the photo doesn't do the card justice.

The wedding was held at the Secret Chapel at the Inverbrackie Cemetery. It really is a magical place, so don't cringe and say What the! I will post some photos later. Then the reception was held at Rydges South Park on the corner of South and West Terraces in Adelaide. From the 6th floor, with its fully glassed windows you could see the fireworks that went off at 2100 because of the Royal Adelaide Show. Also the lights of the rides especially the Ferris Wheel.

Anyway, have a good day or night where ever you are!

6 comments:

Sue said...

Love the card Lainee. Good Luck to yo friend. I know she would of loved it when she opened it. Very pretty. TFS

Unknown said...

I hope you had a fantastic time Lainee....And I am sure they will love this card...Beautiful!! Xx

kriket said...

beautiful. Icant wait to meet your machine

Mary B. said...

Pretty! I like the way you put these elements together. :) ~Mary

dave said...

Hi, I was just surfing the 'net and stumbled upon your post about the inverbrackie cemetery- do you know if your friends got some official permission to have the wedding there, or did they do it on the sly?
It's a lovely place and you're right- very magical.
I have family connections there so it seems the perfect spot.
Look forward to your reply!
Cheers,
Dave

Lainee said...

Hi Dave.
As far as I know they had permission. Damien is stationed at 16th ADR at Woodside, the person who performed the ceremony is also stationed there in his official capacity. We parked in the camp and walked a short distance. It was decked out really nicely.

Elaine